Thursday, August 27, 2009

Pants with Overskirt

I used the same Japanese fabric from the Under Bust Corset to make a pair of pants with a joined overskirt (McCall's Pattern 2487). I think the pattern is now discontinued, I got it second hand for $1 from a dressmaker who was clearing out her stock. I made a few alterations to the pants to fit them to my hips and butt and to lower the top from my waist to sit down on my hips. Unfortunately when I washed them they shrunk slightly so they are about an inch shorter than I am comfortable with but I still like to wear them.

The patch is from a stall at the Brunswick St Markets in Fortitude Valley, Brisbane.

Striped Pants with Over Skirt - Front Detail

More photos can be found here.

Thanks to polymonkey for taking the pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment