Friday, August 2, 2013

Fabric Friday - Alexander Henry's Matisse

The Matisse range by Alexander Henry is inspired by the artwork of Henri Matisse.
Top Row
Middle Row
Bottom Row

Left to right - Young Girl with a Yellow SofaInterior with an Etruscan VaseMusic
I don't know if there was one painting in particular that inspired this collection but these three painting, which were painted by Matisse between 1919-1942, have a similar feel to the main Vie En Rose print.


Vie En Rose is just calling out to be made into a bag, perhaps a Carry All or a Hobo bag to really do the print justice. Teamed with the yellow Pine Stickers or the light green Outfoxed Stripe for the lining. Hmm I need to make a hobo sample...
Here is our Poppet Purse made from the Amelie Rose print with additional embroidery over one of the roses. Looks quite classy I think.

I really think that I may need to make up that hobo bag very soon :)
- Ky

No comments:

Post a Comment