Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Travelling Bunnies - Cotton Carnivale and Riley Blake Fabric

I've been a jet-setting bunny so far this year, first I was in Melbourne attend a bag making workshop with Nicole Mallalieu and last weekend I was off again to attend Cotton Carnivale in Noosa. Cotton Carnivale is a retreat/convention for fabric store owners and teachers held by Millhouse Collection and Riley Blake Fabrics.


Cindy (left) and Jina (right) are from Riley Blake Designs and flew over from the States for the event. They are pictured with Sue Daley the english paper piecing queen.


As well as talks about running a fabric business and Riley Blake fabrics, we had the opportunity to attend workshops to learn new techniques and meet some new pattern designers. Here were are looking very studious as we learn english paper piecing with Sue Daley.


I made this cute little reversible dress with Monica Poole in 2.5hrs!!! The best thing about this dress is that all of the seams are enclosed so you can get a very professional finish without requiring an overlocker. We have been looking for a range of children's patterns and I think that these will be the ones we will stock.


Cute little fox soft toy with Melanie McNeice from Melly & Me.


Machine appliquéd and quilt as you go table runner with Zoe Clifton. No I didn't finish this one during the workshop I had to do the last bit at home. Typical isn't it, you go away to a sewing retreat and come home with new UFO's !!


Fussy cut english paper piecing with Sue Daley - we will be stocking EPP products very soon!


Embroidered pin cushion with Natalie Lymer of Cinderberry Stitches, yeah still a bit to go on this one...


On Saturday night we attended a maskerade party. I love to dress up and I'm pretty thrilled with my new The Ghastlies Marilyn dress that I made for the occasion. Steph from Cake Patterns was at the party as well. 

By the end of the weekend I was exhausted but full of new ideas and plans for Voodoo Rabbit, keep an eye out for new products and classes over the coming months.

The last big event for the firs quarter of this year is the Brisbane Stitches and Craft Show in March. There is a lot of prep is required for this show so I'd better get started, only 5 weeks to go !!

- Ky 

No comments:

Post a Comment