Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Gosu Rori Jacket - Under Construction

Construction has begun on my Gosu Rori Jacket which I am mostly making under the supervision of my sewing teacher, Alison Wheeler. I have spent 4 x 3 hour sewing sessions on it so far as well as a few miscellaneous hours at home. I have a list of things that I need to do before my next sewing lesson when I should hopefully get the jacket finished.

GosuRoriJacket - Working02



The lining is half made - I need to attach the sleeves and then sew it into the jacket. For the lining I am using Purple Lotus Fancy Lining. The sleeves and hem have been marked ready to be sewn in place.


GosuRoriJacket - Working03

The collar is now complete and even though I forgot to put the interfacing in I think that the fabric is thick enough on its own to hold its shape.

GosuRoriJacket - Working01

The jacket has princess seams and I have top stitched on each side of all of the seams . It looks good and also keeps the seams flat and in place. Hopefully I should have photos of the completed jacket in a few weeks after my next lesson.

It's quite heavy and will be perfect for my winter trip to Japan in February. I don't think it will be going in the suitcase though.


No comments:

Post a Comment