Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Hummingbird Skirt Sew Along - Part 1

This week I am attempting to join in on the sewingcake.com Hummingbird skirt 30min a day sew along.

First up I would like to say how impressed I am with the presentation of the pattern itself. The printing is extremely professional and I like the slightly thicker paper that Cake patterns are now being printed on.


I have a 6oz denim that I am going to use to make the skirt and the pocket bags will be made out of Lupe by Alexander Henry. I really like how well to two fabrics go together.


I have traced my pattern onto a product called Trace n Toile. My hips are 100cm and my waist is 74cm so I am using the 40" hip sizing with a 30" waist. I always find myself getting quite excited about starting a new Cake pattern, the sizing method is quite unique and it almost feels like you are drafting up a custom pattern. Very different to one of the big pattern company patterns which you know are going require a lot of fitting if you aren't a stock size.


Hopefully by tomorrow I will have some sewing completed to show you all :0)

Other posts on this skirt can be found here:
Hummingbird Skirt Sew Along - Part 2
Hummingbird Skirt Sew Along - Part 3

- Kylie

No comments:

Post a Comment