Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Craft Vault 1

I've been crafting for a number of years now (mainly for friends and family) and have never really showcased my work. Lucky for me my partner is a photographer and has kept a good record of everything for me. I'm finally going to document my achievements and put them up on this blog (or if Cloud says it's 'dark enough' it will go on Voodoo Rabbit).

TY the Tasmanian Tiger is a mascot character who features is a series of computer games made by Krome Studios in Australia. I spent several years working on the franchise, both making the games and marketing. One of the creators of the character was expecting his first child, so I decided to make a baby quilt featuring a x-Stitch of TY as a present for him & his wife.

TY the Tasmanain Tiger X-stitch Quilt panel

I created the pattern by taking some character concept art into Adobe Illustrator to trace and colour it. This helped me to constrain the colours to a manageable number. I then took the image into PC Stitch to create the x-stitch pattern.

TY is sewn onto 28 count cloth and finished he was around 15cm x 20cm in size. I bordered him with chocolate bias binding and then added TY as a middle panel for a cot quilt. Baby's parents loved the blanket and didn't want to let her get her hands on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment