Thursday, July 8, 2010

Fabric Friday: Music

The following fabric is from my personal stash, I found it on a trip to Japan several years ago. I remember whan I first saw it that I was blown away, it was the most beautiful music themed fabric I had ever seen. My photo doesn't do it justice, the base cloth is a linen/cotton blend and the pattern is devine, like a master composer has composed directly onto the fabric. I have never been able to find its like back here in Australia.



It should come as no surprise that we have had to look back to Japan for music themed fabrics to stock in our shop and we have not been disappointed.

Trefle Music By Kokka - Black

Crowns, keys and music notes adorn this high quality cotton/linen belnd. The piano keyboard and stave of music run down each side of the selvedge with the crowns, keys and notes scattered inbetween.

Trefle Sing A Song by Kokka
Trefle - Sing a Song by Kokka

Cute cartoon animal choirs adorn this beautiful cotton/linen blend also from Trefle. A piano keyboard runs down each selvedge.


Tartan Regency Music by Cosmo Textiles

A classic red tartan pattern with regency crowns and music notes scattered accross it. Check out this awesome Tartan Regency Music Pencil Case created by redeem designs.

- Ky

4 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and whoa! I'm loving your music fabric, especially that first one. I would like all my outfits made of that please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that first one. Searching high and low for something half as good at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there anywhere I can get the second one? I'm designing a dress and that one matches the image I've got exactly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Catie all of these prints are now discontinued. You could try on Ebay and Etsy, someone may be de-stashing it.

      Delete