Monday, July 19, 2010

Bunny Goth Apron

Last month Ky designed the Bunny Goth Apron and entered it into the Spoonflower Fabric of the Week competition for an apron design (with instructions) that could be printed in a yard. Her design came in 10th!

We ordered the pattern in so that it could be checked before we make it available for sale. Ky was going to make it up, but I thought I should do it instead. I can sew but I have mixed results when I make anything other than patchwork or plushies. I figured that if I could follow the instructions and it came out looking like an apron then we were onto a winner.

Here it is!

Bunny Goth Apron 01

There were challenges in making this for me. I had never made pockets before. I had never sewn a ruffle either. I am super proud of myself! Admittedly I kept Ky close by to supervise but I can say that I made it & that it is AWESOME!

We are going to order some in and then sell them as a kit (for those that prefer to be their own hero and DIY). There will also be some pre-made for those that don't like sewing or don't have time to.

Bunny Goth Apron 02

Let us know what you think of the design :D

Cloud

7 comments: