Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Emo Sang Sangs

Here's some more of my crazy softies sewing! I made these guys for a 'decorative stitches' challenge at my neighbourhood group meeting of the Australian Sewing Guild (ASG). At 33, I am one of the youngest members of our group so you can imagine the reaction these little toys got!

This one is my favourite.

I appliqued his little heart on and then couched some embroidery thread over the top to make his ribs. He's only about 20cm big and he lives at Ky's house with my Evil Bunny and the other doll below.


On his back I did more couching to give him a spine and more ribs. I use this pic for my profile image on Zombie Hare (my other blog) - that's how much I love him!



This is the sister to the doll above. She has horns! Like her brother she doesn't have a name - leave a comment if you have suggestions.

Both dolls are a variation of the Sang Sang pattern by Melly & Me. I made them using 100% cotton poplin, linen for the face and embroidery thread for the face details.

7 comments:

  1. They are lovely! I think my favourite is the first one. So so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ribbles and Stitchy? hehe They're cool. I want one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love their little fringes - too cute (in a voodooey kind of way)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ribbles & Stitchy are great names! Do you really want one? I can make you one if you suck up to me *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  5. the melly & me pattern is super cute. moobee you would like the pattern made up the way they do it (very bright & cute). I made on for my neice in pink apples & with red hair. She named her Penelope Pussypop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous! My boys would love these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are awesome! Like the horns on the girl doll.

    ReplyDelete