Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tea Ceremony Geisha - Complete

I have finally finished off the Tea Ceremony Geisha Applique. I ended up having to quilt the background as the wadding I bought really quickly was way too thick and needed to be held in place. All I can say is Yay for the invent of the walking foot. I decided upon a crisscrossing pattern in the background as it is similar to a sashiko pattern that I use regularly. I did a running stitch on the machine as I didn't have the time to do it all by hand as I would with real sashiko.

Tea Ceremony Geisha - Complete

The actual satin stitching around the fabric pieces turned out to be easier than I thought it would. I must admit that the thought of satin stitching the trees in the circle had me avoiding this project more than once. Yay for the invent of the open toe applique foot. I satin stitches all around the Geisha and the teapot using a beading foot (I think it was) and then decided I needed something better for the smaller details. A very good decision, I think stitching the smaller details ended up being a little easier than some of the larger areas. All in all I am quite happy with my efforts on this project and hope the recipient feels the same when I give it to her tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment