Thursday, September 3, 2009

Goth Corset & Gored Skirt with Gorets

Cloud & I are heading back to Japan in February next year - we're aiming to bring back a heap of stock and find some suppliers over there. Expect to see lots of recycled vintage kimono fabric. A piece from the last batch I bought was used for the front panels on this corset, the rest of the fabric I found at Spotlight.

Goth Corset - Front Detail

Goth Corset and Skirt - Front

The corset top was made from Vogue Pattern 7733. If I ever make it again I think I will have to adjust it a bit as it is quite tight around the armholes and across the back. Also I think a zipper for ease of getting in and out of it may be a good idea.

I seem to have misplaced the skirt pattern and have no idea what it was. I do know that it originally had a waistband that I removed because I hate waistbands, I'm quite short and they don't really suit me. I made up a facing for it instead.

More photos can be found here.
Photos by polymonkey

No comments:

Post a Comment