Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Brand New! Voodoo Rabbit Fabric: Spidery Web Black

We have a new fabric available for sale on our Spoonflower shop - a simple black spiderweb pattern over a plain background (the colour of the base cloth). We showed the sample of this at Kustom Krafts last weekend and it received a good response so we decided to make it available for purchase.


Spidery Web - Black

It is based on my orange and purple spiderweb Halloween design (also available on Spoonflower).


Spidery Web - Halloween


The initial orange and purple design came into being as an entry for Spoonflower's Halloween themed Fabric of the Week competition. I've always liked spider web patterning and one of my favourite fabrics is a black spiderweb lace. I bought it from Spotlight once but have never been able to find it again. As soon as we track some down we'll be stocking it though.

I plan to make a few more colour variations of the spider web design soon - we've had a request for the black web on a fluro zombie green background. Leave a comment with any other colour combinations you think would look good or just let us know what you think of the design.

3 comments:

  1. Oooh...that is VERY NICE spider web fabric!!! I think a black background with silver or red webs would go down well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I would love to make a black version but unfortunately the digital printing process makes having a black background problematic as it will come out as a dark grey rather than as a true black. Maybe one day it will be possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really good! I actually really like the cream version. I'd make a loli skirt out of that me thinks. =P

    ReplyDelete