Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Free Grug Pattern

Jan 2010 - Show and Tell 06
Some of you may remember that earlier this year I blogged about this awesome Grug toy that Sue (a fellow ASG member) made for one of her grandchildren. Sue very kindly supplied me with the rough working pattern that she created to make Grug. Since then I have been faffing around trying to write up some instructions and create diagrams so that we can share this pattern with you all.

The pattern can be downloaded from here.

Before you jump in to make a Grug of your very own here are a few disclaimers:
  • Grug is a copyrighted character so you cannot sell the complete toy or the pattern.
  • The instructions (pages 1 - 4) are on A4 size pages and the pattern pieces (pages 5 - 7) are on A3 size pages.
  • The difficulty level of this pattern would be for an intermediate to experienced sewer. I have made some assumptions of knowledge when writing the instructions.
  • I have not personally tested this pattern (I hate using furry fabrics) so if someone would like to volunteer to pattern test it would be greatly appreciated.
  • If you encounter any errors please let me know and I will update the pattern.
  • Grug is just over 30cm tall when completed.
- Ky

1 comment: